Which visa do I need to enter Germany?

If you already have an employment contract from a German company or a binding job offer, then submit an application for a “visa to work” at the German diplomatic mission in your home country.

If you are looking for a job in Germany after your arrival, you will need to apply for a “job search visa”. The “Opportunity Card” will be introduced from 1 June 2024 and will be valid for 12 months. Keep in mind that you must have sufficient funds for the duration of your job search and the validity of your visa. Until the introduction of the opportunity card, a “job search visa” is currently valid for 6 months.

  • Share this post